Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Night Sky


I did really like my outfit today, but taking pictures of it was so lame! It was hot and sticky and I was covered in bugs.




I don't know if this dress looks like much, but I really love it! I found it at Goodwill this past weekend (the first time I've been thrifting in a month and a half!) along with a  couple other treasures. I hemmed it a few inches, and it's perfect! It already fit like a dream, and it's made of a stretchy thick knit fabric. I dressed it up like the night sky with a starry necklace and my moon pin.




Life at school has been a little boring. In my weight lifting class (yes it's required as part of anatomy) we were learning the machines and the boys using them after us were all "Heh heh heh you guys are really trying to bulk up using the heavy weights" because we had it on like 15 lbs. I was like "hahahahahahahaha fuck u." So that's my story for the day.

The thing about brooches is that if you wear them in the normal brooch place, and have long hair, they get covered right up! I really ought to make use of this long hair and wear it in creative ways more often. Because I'll probably chop it off eventually. I'm thinking a bob, but Trav is in support of a pixie!

Dress: Goodwill
Shoes: UO
Ruffle Socks: Handmade by me
Brooch: Available in my shop
Necklaces: F21 (Star), Modcloth (Spikes)
Bag: Fred Flare




Let me know the interesting things going on in your life so I can live vicariously through you.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I actually think a pixie would be very cute on you (well, a bob would too...)

    I know what you mean when you say you feel the outfit looked better in person than on camera (though it still looks cute to me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you could totally pull off a pixie! ( Trust me, it's so much fun!)Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best feeling in the world is finding something at the thrift store that fits you perfectly. :D While I try to stay out of Goodwill, because their prices are ridiculous, I'm SO ready for a thrifting binger for Fall. I actually woke up this morning wanting to go! You're just fueling the fire, girl!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm really sad that it's been so long since I've commented. I blame school and work. Anyway, this dress is just adorable and I'm super jealous that you found it at Goodwill. Like really jealous.

    Hope school is going well so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, that is how I feel EVERY TIME I take outfit pictures lately! I went the other day with Corey and we had to climb on a rooftop, and I was like, "HTFU!! The asphalt is burning through my shoes!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that dress!! Especially the way you belted it!

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete