Friday, September 6, 2013

Lots of Knits


If the pictures I shared on Wednesday were the epitome of a no-fun hassle, today's were like a walk in the damn park. It was relaxing, dare I say even a therapeutic experience as I took a few hours to drive off of campus, take these shots, and do some errands. Driving is always nice me-time, and I couldn't imagine living in the city and taking public transport everywhere, or being one of those people who refuse to get their licence. I would be a very different (read: more stressed) person if I didn't drive.

Anyway, that's probably why I have so many photos in this post! It's kind of a pet peeve of mine when I see like 20 shots of someone in the same pose, but I think I shook it up some as far as composition goes... besides, it's my blog.



I thought I looked frickin fabulous today. Do you ever have those days when you're like "How is everyone not in love with me? Can't all these people see how good my eyeliner looks?" I hope it's not just me, everyone deserves a healthy helping of self confidence.




I tried to un-sex this crop top (like I care about showing skin) and backseam tights by adding a cardigan and some chunky socks. It was a liiiiiiittle hot with the sweater on, but not too bad. A little preemptive fall layering up in here.

 

I got this blue shirt at Goodwill this weekend, and chopped it into a crop top. I'd do a DIY but I don't want to insult your intelligence: You cut it, fold it over twice, and sew. One tip I read about that I should share with you is to sew knits with a piece of paper on top to keep it from puckering. Then rip the paper off when you're done!

Oh and I should mention that I have been waiting for this cardigan all my life.

Shirt: Goodwill + DIY
Skirt: River Island via Asos
Cardigan: Thrifted
Shoes: Wanted via Delias
Tights: Asos
Necklace: Im Your Present on Etsy




5 comments:

  1. Love the use of contrast in these photos! This outfit is so lovely. That shade of blue looks nice on you, & the crop top makes it fun and unexpected :D

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those days all the time! Haha. I totally get it.
    This outfit is amazing and we're necklace twins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeze! I love your blog! Love your style and your crazy pics!
    I found your blog through http://ballerinabird.blogspot.pt

    I would say to follow mine, but it's in portugese.. :( but your always free to pass by!

    BTW: love your drawings! http://www.etsy.com/pt/shop/thefloralprince?ref=em :) keep up the good work!

    XOXO
    Anabela

    http://alebanac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not just you - you look absolutely babing, and oh my god your hair makes you look like the little mermaid!!

    I was told to do a zigzag stitch when sewing knits to stop it from puckering. But if that paper trick worked for you, I'm going to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip about the paper to keep things from puckering...

    I like your take on the crop top and even more love how big and bold you are with your statement- "I thought I looked fab!" sort of attitude (well, because you do but also) because the world needs more women saying and believing that about themselves. Rock on grrrl! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete