Saturday, September 21, 2013

Blueberry Muffin


Blueberry muffins are the best muffins.

I have a feeling the oversized cardigan will be my best friend this fall. I've been searching for one of these for months, but no store had any that were, well, grandpa-esque enough for my taste (not even Goodwill)! But I finally found a bunch at our local Miracle Hill, and boy did I stock up! I got three for $8, so now I'm set. Bring it on, fall! 



It's finally starting to feel like autumn instead of July, so that's nice! It's my favorite time of the year, and I really hope we get some dramatic foliage this season. I wanna pick an apple and carve a pumpkin or something!




I do kindof like the weird racer-back-but-in-the-front bodice this dress has going on, but I did not realize it gave me saggy-boob syndrome until I saw these photos. I gotta check my posture when I wear this from now on!

I got this sucker on clearance and had to alter it because it was a size too big. I'm really proud of the tailoring job I did, since it got a little complicated. If you care, I had to take the waist in. But since the skirt is multi-layered I couldn't sew straight down the back like I ordinarily would, or else the lining and overlay would be sewn together. So I had to rip the overlay out some and sew the lining and bodice as one. With me? Then I had to close the hole I made and reattach the lining.

Anyway, I love the color.




I did not know what the fuck I was doing with this braid. I just sorta wrapped it around my head and shoved some bobby pins in it! i like how it turned out, but I don't know if it's kosher.

Dress: UO
Shoes: Target
Necklaces: Vintage (from my Oma) and Flea Market
Pin: Swapped from Megan
Belt, Purse, Cardigan: Thrifted


Happy weekend, guys!
And if you haven't taken this survey for my thesis project, please do so!

2 comments:

  1. Awhn i really like your blog *-* Its so cutie and sweet *-* Im following you, if you want follow me back baby! <33
    http://annluckindarkdays.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to know what that style of front cutout was called. it has some kind of official name, which I totally knew until I started filling out this comment. It's gone now.

    Five bucks says I sit up at 3 AM suddenly remembering. Then fall back asleep and lose it again.

    ReplyDelete