Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Discover the South


Hey guys!

Here's me in a lazy weekend outfit, in all my greasy glory. I'm loving the weird primary color combination going on with my shirt, skirt, and hair. We ran a million errands on this day, and Travis took these with his iPhone for me.



Since I am wearing this shirt, I thought I'd talk a little about the good ol' South and how I feel about it.

I grew up below the Mason Dixon line, the first 6 years in VA, and the rest in SC. All throughout high school I was a typical teenager, like "ugh I hate this town when can I get out?" But as I've gotten older, I've grown to appreciate things about the region I live in. I mean, yeah, there are lame things about it, like the lack of cultural diversity (everyone is either white or black and they all go to the same church), and there's a good amount of bigotry, obesity, and close-mindedness ("You're a vegetarian??") But it's beautiful in the South, and there's always some nice country to drive through. People are friendly and don't hesitate to make small talk with you in the grocery store. And life is slow and charming here. Not to mention our tea is sweet!

I have a feeling that teenagers everywhere want to get out of their hometown, regardless of where it is.



Shirt: Dapper Ink
Skirt: Thrifted and Hemmed by Me
Shoes: JuJu via Asos
Ring: Handmade via the Indie Craft Fair


4 comments:

  1. Love you rockin' the swag right away, haha. I'd be wearing my shirts to work if I could, buuuuuut I should probably not wear one city's T-shirt in a whole other county that I work for.

    It's a cute outfit!

    And, having grown up in Illinois, decidedly ABOVE the Mason-Dixon, I can tell you that it's true; we all daydream about running as far as we can when we're teenagers, no matter where we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely, teens will always want to leave their hometown! I honestly wouldn't return to mine, but I do have feelings for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me; there are places even more homogeneous than that.

    Still, it is nice to get a new found fondness for where you live. I like the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wowzer! I LOVE your shoes! I've seen those online and they look super comfortable and stylish but I didn't think I could pull them off. But you wear them so well. Ooooh I might just invest in a pair...

    ReplyDelete