Monday, September 30, 2013

My New Hair!


That's right, I bleached it!

It was a lot of work, actually, and it didn't turn out at all how I planned. I think with DIY hair coloring, ya gotta roll with the punches, yknow? I had planned on a magenta fade to light pink, so this is close, just more in the orange color scheme, haha. First I bought some blonde dye for brunettes, hoping to lighten my hair without bleach. It definitely worked, but only on my natural hair. So I had blonde roots first! Then I dyed the whole thing what I thought was magenta, but it still turned out pretty red. Then I bleached the tips. They came out quite orange, but I wanted the ombre to start higher. With some worries about over-bleaching my hair, I put more bleach on, starting a few inches higher. It really turned out great, though, I think! And the bleach didn't even wreck my hair.



I think the line where the orange starts is a little harsh, but let's be real: I had no idea what I was doing. I might pink it up in a month or so, but I like it like this for now!




I def love how bright it is. I feel super cool now!

I wore my new dress from Target that reminds me of one that I really liked on Modcloth... I think it was Mata Traders? It would have been great to buy the nice expensive one since Mata Traders has such a great ethical reputation, but this one was on clearance. I'm psyched about my new thrifted vest, too, and I haven't worn these sneakers in a long while! I actually wore them to my junior prom.


Dress: Target
Vest: Thrifted
Shoes: Converse
Socks: Asos
Necklace: Handmade by me


I bet my new hair will look even better once I actually straighten and trim my messy bangs!

9 comments:

  1. Oh it is so lovely!!!! :D
    I had the same thing happen to my hair when I was trying to go red from black last year... the bleach just dyed my roots and left the rest black. :X it looked so retarded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is so lovely!!!! :D
    I had the same thing happen to my hair when I was trying to go red from black last year... the bleach just dyed my roots and left the rest black. :X it looked so retarded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite outfits of yours! Everything fits together so well while still being funky. And you did a great job on the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new hair! I don't think mine ever comes out the way I planned it, so I totally get where you're coming from! I think you pull off the red/orange coloring really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It came out great. So cool. I want to do something similar to mine one day

    ReplyDelete
  6. It wasn't at all what I was expecting since you mentioned pink, but honestly- I REALLY like this. It seems very you- perhaps even more than pink would've. The dye (and ombre) indicate the fun side of your but the more orange tones hint at that sassy side too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks amazing! I love the attitude your new look gave you & how it shows in the photos :)

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been slowly adding more and more blonde to the original natural ombré that my stylist did. I add bleach to a few inches at the ends. Then, at the point where the bleach stops (and would create a harsh line) I back comb some of the bleached hair into the portion that I haven't added any bleach to. This helps fade the colors together and blend everything nicely! ... I hope I described that well enough for you to try if you want- I watched my stylist doing it and she explained it all :) Anyway, you look happy + cute as always, have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOve the hair! & on the bright side, Target is more ethical than most "fast fashion"--at least they treat their store employees pretty well!

    ReplyDelete