Thursday, September 6, 2012

LWD

 I've gone most of my life without a little white dress. Or a little black dress, for that matter! I was telling my roomate, Laura, the story behind this outfit in an elevator. The other girl in there probably thought I was a weirdo, because this is a combination of lingerie from Goodwill and my Mom's slip. I bought some lingerie from my neighbor's estate sale, too, that I'm going to wear as a dress, which is even creepier, since it belonged to his recently late wife. Vintage is all about wearing old people's clothes, right?
I thought I'd dress this lacey number down with my America backpack and my fake leather boots.
 I guess I wore this cardigan 2 days in a row, but I don't care. I'd wear it all the time if I my other clothes didn't get jealous (they do).
Oh hey this is it before I shortened it!
 My shoes came from Modcloth! You'll be seeing them soon. But here's my roomate Laura, wearing her new Modcloth dress that I demanded she buy! What a stud. 
dress, backpack-Goodwill
necklace-vintage from my oma
boots-delias
Got a DIY coming soon!



16 comments:

  1. I really like the white dress, it's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love that you paired it with booties! It really gives it that cool factor!


    Kisses
    http://thepurpleclown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was like "this looks too fancy, I need something brown." haha

      Delete
  3. I think that a LWD is a necessary component to any working wardrobe ;) Haha the concept of vintage is always a little weird isn't it - but at least you know it is one of a kind! You look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!
      I love the stories vintage pieces tell! But then there's always the fact that someone who is now dead probably wore the same dress.

      Delete
  4. The white dress and creative layering you did looks so good! Can't wait to see your modcloth shoes, your roomies dress is SO CUTE!
    Happy Friday to you!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is perfect - I love matching pretty lace with some great old boots, can't go wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't believe I never had a white dress until now!

      Delete
  6. Creepy, schmeepy, this outfit is amazing! You look aces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try to never let creepiness get in the way of a good outfit!

      Delete
  7. that dress doesn't remind me of lingerie at all! it's so gorgeous. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets slightly creeped out wearing estate clothes. O.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I have a lot from the estate sale, but I think lingerie is the creepiest for obvious reasons!

      Delete