Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Southern Charm

 I had a really nice weekend. I got to go home and see my family, go to Goodwill, and to the Apple Festival. I ate this caramel apple and it was sticky and delicious and wonderful. Sometimes it's nice to look dorky with curly, rained-on bangs and a sticky caramel face and just not care how put together you are, walking around downtown while banjo music plays.
 Speaking of banjo-music, I'd like to talk a little bit about South Carolina. I was born in the DC area, and moved here when I was 6. I spent the first half of my life rejecting all things southern. I'd say I was a northerner, even though I was technically from Virginia. But lately I've really started embracing the state I live in. There are a lot of nice things about the south. A lot of weird things, but a lot of nice things. Like sweet tea, hospitality, and folk music. It's normal to want to move as far away as you can from your hometown when you're a teenager, but now I'm focusing on the positive!
 So, that connects to my outfit because kitten heels and a sweet knee-length dress seems southern to me? Maybe it's just me.
 That was a lot of pictures.
dress-dillards
shoes-plato's closet
socks-walmart
hat,vest-goodwill
necklace, triangle ring-forever 21
mood ring-flea market







2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! It has a lovely 1920's vibe to it! You look wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This dress actually looks like Alice in Wonderland would wear it, under that vest!

      Delete