Thursday, February 6, 2014

Navy Dress


Dear pink haired ladies: How do you keep your hair from fading? 
Mine has gone from bright magenta to the perfectest peach in two weeks, and I've been following all the rules! Washing it 2-3 times a week, no hot water, use some dye in your conditioner. Maybe it's just Manic Panic? Should I try another brand? Don't get me wrong, I love this current color, but I don't want it to leave!


Lol Travis called me while I was posing so I rolled with it. Anyway, this dress is great. I was a little worried about pulling it off, since I think it almost crosses the line from "vintage with a modern twist" into "this just actually belongs to an old lady," but looking at these pictures I'm really happy with it! Pretty lucky find, huh? It's got a British label, and I found it at the thrift store for $4!

If I look like I'm much happier in these photos than the last set, it's because I was. Wednesday started out cold and windy and rainy and awful, but somewhere between my 11:30 lunch and leaving the apt at 2, it turned into a perfect spring day! I was practically floating through campus, followed by a bunch of woodland creatures like a Disney Princess. But rlly.

By the end of my 6 hour block of classes I was not feelin so hot. This semester really blows, to be honest. The weeks are just dragging by, and I hate that. I hate wishing my life would go by faster!! I'm supposed to be savoring moments for crying out loud!



Dress, Shoes: Miracle Hill Thrift Store
Socks, Necklace, Tights (?): Forever 21



Also you guys, I am suddenly obsessed with makeup. Here is my face which is covered in it.


P.S I did like 3 sets of arm exercises in the gym before my Tuesday workout and poof my entire upper body is a damn noodle.

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS DRESS. I mean, I'm biased, since grandma chic is totally my bag, but damn. It fits you perfectly. And it doesn't look too old-ladyish combined with your hair. Which brings me to ... don't use Manic Panic. Seriously, it looks great for a little while, but then 1) fades like a motherfucker and 2) destroys your texture. Mine felt like straw after using it, and I seriously thought it might burst into flames. Splat is another inexpensive drugstore brand, but I find that it's much kinder to my hair. Overall, though, I'd recommend going to a beauty supply store and asking some questions. Does Sally's exist in the south?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Skye! I found that the Manic Panic red I was using worked really well and lasted a while, but this pink just isn't doin it for me. I've seen Splat in the store, but they have a limited range of colors (at least in store) and I like to custom mix mine. I do go to Sally's for my dye usually, so I'll def ask someone there next time. I've heard people using Special Effects and Punky Colors before, so maybe I'll do some research?
      Also this dress totally made me think of you :)

      Delete
  2. Gah I love this dress! I want it. And it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress looks awesome on you. I seriously think I would make a face at it on the rack, but seeing it on you... it is kind of fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the pink Manic Panic is the most notorious for not staying in. However, if you really love the color, you can try mixing it. For me, punky color in several colors has worked best. I've used pinks and blues and they all turn out well. However, I've never done the same shade of pink!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVdYKPvB7jA <---ALB in Wonderland has a great video specifically on pink hair and how to keep it looking great! Hope it helps! :)

    Anyway, I adore your necklace and your dress is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie! I was actually planning on rewatching that vid to see if she mentioned the type of dye she uses haha! I'll def look into punky colors!

      Rachel

      Delete
  5. I feel like you look a bit like a Disney Princess- or at least an adorable cartoon character. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the subtle glitter around your eyes! So delicate and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Manic Panic fades super quickly :( Try Special Effects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Recently, Pravana Vivids has been good to me recently! What kind of shampoo and conditioner are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just using Suave Naturals for color treated hair!

      Delete
    2. I've found that Garnier Fructis' Color Shield shampoo and conditioner work really well for me. I'll have to check and see if I can find Suave Naturals, I'd love to have two different duos to switch it up once and a while.

      Delete
  9. Special Effects is my favorite. Their Atomic Pink is notorious for never fading out. I used it and I don't think I'd try anything else. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete