Monday, February 24, 2014

My Makeup Stash

Today I'm giving you guys a tour of my makeup stash!
These are the products I use most. I'm gonna break them down into categories for you and tell you which ones are my very favorites!

FACE
My skin is on the oily side, has yellow undertones, and a few breakouts.
-Aveeno Positively Radiant Lotion: This is a new addition because I wanted a moisturizer, since my acne medication dries me out. I also wanted something with SPF. I really like it! It gives me a nice glow.
-Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I don't have a strong opinion on this stuff. I use it under my eyes, and the color matches my skin well. I rub it in with my fingers.
-Revlon Balm Stain: I use this stuff as blush. I haven't tried any prestige brand blushes that I'm super impressed with, so I've just been using this. I have another one for my lips. As a blush, it works well. I really like the orange color with my skin.

EYEBROWS
For awhile I was looking into Urban Decay's Brow Box, but I just haven't taken the plunge because I didn't really like the tester I tried at Ulta.
Disposable Mascara Wand: I use this to brush my brows out first.
Angle Brush: I apply the shadow with this angle brush.
Maybelline Eye Shadow: I use this to fill in my brows. I think it's a shade too dark, and it's got some really subtle sparkles in it that I wish weren't there. Definitely give me your brow recommendations!
ChapStick: My friend gave me this tip - I use it to set my brows instead of wax.

 EYES
-Nude Tude Palette by the Balm: Seriously excellent palette. 12 neutral shades, and literally the cutest packaging ever. The shadow qualities are really good, too, very smooth.

-Stila Not So Nude Palette: This palette is okay. I think the shadows are chalky, and I don't really like when lip colors come with palettes because I don't like to get my hands dirty if I don't have to. Also, don't wanna be rude, but I feel like I could do better illustrations than the ones on the package.

I recently bought a few shadow singles.
-Urban Decay Moondust in Stargazer: I love this stuff. I want all the colors. Urban Decay's marketing is excellent, I think, just knowing there's an eyeshadow called "Space Cowboy" makes me want to shell out the $20. This is a lime-greeny gold that's super sparkly. It makes me feel like a badass alien babe when I wear it and it's pretty pigmented. The glitter has a little fall out, but it's not bad.
-Too Faced Eyeshadow in Copper Peony: I also really like this stuff. I bought it because copper looks good with my coloring, and I really wanted a nice one that wasn't in a trio with other colors I don't use. It's really soft and stays on all day!
-Loreal Gel Liner: This stuff isn't like, amazing, but it works well. I don't like using liquid liners because a lot of the drugstore ones have kind of a sheen to them. This one dries matte, and it stays on pretty well, unless I lie on my side all day and the little tears you get wash it away. I don't use the brush it came with, I actually use the one from the Nude Tude Palette. 
-Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner (not pictured here): Love it. I use it over liner to feel like a rock star or just in the corners of my eyes for a little sparkle. Also when linking I found out it's on sale, so.
-Urban Decay Primer Potion (not pictured here): I think this stuff works really well! My eyeshadow seems to stay on all day!

-Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: Yeah this stuff is great. It makes my lashes look long, dries pretty quickly, and feels really soft. The only problems I have with it are that it's hard to get the bottom lashes because the brush is pretty big, and the container is weirdly heavy?

LIPS
I'm a big lipstick fan, and my priorities are comfortability and long-lasting lip color.
-Lime Crime Velvetines: This is one of my faves because it lasts a long time. And the color is this really great, orangey pink that I love! A little drying.
-Tarte Glamazons: Very favorites. So comfortable on, and the greatest color. It lasts a long time, but comes off easily if you're eating or making out.
-Revlon Balm Stains: Really comfy alternatives to chap stick. I love the colors because you can layer them. The orange is my favorite.
-Tarte Lipsurgence: This stuffy is okay, but honestly I prefer the Revlon ones. The color looks really nice but it feels a little weird on my lips.
-Sephora LipStains: I really love this! Comfy on, and last a long time. Also a tad drying.
-Nars Lip Crayon: Eh, it's okay. Drying and doesn't last very long.
-Covergirl Lip Perfection: This is just the liner I use with my reds. I don't have a strong opinion on it.


Leave me your product recommendations! What are your favorites?

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love posts like these! I am actually posting one soon, too :) I love your Better Than Sex mascara - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is awesome! I think I need Stargazer/a little alien in my life now haha :) Your note about making out was cute lol and I think I'm going to try a Revlon balm stain, too - thank you for the recs!

    <3 Megan
    http://www.garden-variety.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! The Revlon Balm Stains are totally better than the Tarte Lip Surgences. I'm currently waiting on my own Nude Tude palette right now!

    ReplyDelete