Monday, January 20, 2014

Gallery Show Outfit


Thank you guys so much for your support on my last post. Since the teacher wasn't offensive in my second class, I've decided not to report him for now, but one of my friends confronted him about it, and if he makes any more off color jokes, we're both fully prepared to complain to someone in charge.

Anyway, this is what I wore to my gallery closing (shaved my pits and everything)! The Illustration majors all had a show (that we spent like 6 hours hanging last semester) and we had a little party, complete with chips and Little Debbie cakes! A lot of us even sold prints, which was a really pleasant surprise!



Funny story: I was moving furniture around in my studio after taking these photos, yknow, strainin like the muscle woman I am, and this pretty little choker popped right off my neck! I fixed it tho, no one woulda even known.





Dress: Forever 21
Shoes: Modcloth
Tights: Nordstrom Rack (?)
Choker: Gift from my Roomate
Bow: Relic from my Childhood


I also conducted my photoshoot for my thesis project on Saturday, and it was largely a success! All the girls did an excellent job, all decked out in red lips and kitchy prints. They were adorable and put my modelling skills to shame! I can't wait to share some images with you guys, but I've got a lot to sift through.

I really want to diversify my posts on here, but I don't know how to go about it. If I have to carry my big camera around everywhere I don't know if it'll happen. Any ideas? (Other than DIYs, I know I haven't  done one in ages.)


P.S. Walking all day in heels is way more comfortable than standing in them for 3 hours.

5 comments:

  1. You look cute.

    As for diversifying your posts... if it is just trying to get more backgrounds, I don't think you need to carry the camera all the time. But maybe start mentally (or physically with google maps) finding spots that make a good backdrop- a neat brick wall, an alley, a park etc.- and noting what time sunset is and just go there for photos. If you wanted other types of posts, I love your art posts. Other than that, look at what you like to read about and what you like to do/are passionate about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress look adorable on you and I love that last shot- haha! Alex

    http://tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this outfit, especially the shoes! :)

    <3 Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that your photoshoot went well & that your class situation is under control!

    xox

    Kalie H.
    kalieandgimli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty and gallery ready! These tights are seriously awesome. Can't wait to see the results from the photoshoot!

    ReplyDelete