Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Anime Babes Part 1

I'm working on an ongoing series about my favorite anime characters. So here are all the anime babes I've painted in the past month!


Sailor Moon
Obviously. The most relatable character ever, she loves eating, sleeping, video games, and still saves the world. I wish I was her.


Greed (as Ling, FMA) 
Seriously, I have such a crush on him. Tbh I can't even really explain it, but when Greed took over Ling's body it was the most perfect and logical plot twist. And he's so cool, I can't stand it.


Asuka (NGE)
Okay so she's mean and bossy as hell (Travis always teases me for relating to her so much), but she's complex and has had to deal with way too much for a 14 year old. She's so strong, and I love her for all her flaws.
 

Homura (Madoka Magica)
It was really hard for me to choose between Madoka and Homura from PMMM, but Homura is really a badass. She seems stand offish, but she's really just had to harden herself against circumstance, and I admire her.


Kamina (Gurren Lagann)
He's such a babe, I can't help but love him. Girl power will always be my first love, but he's just the embodiment of masculine-friendship-power and it's adorable and inspiring as heck. He really stays with you for the whole series, if you know what I mean. 


That's all I got for now, but you can bet more are in the works (L from Death Note, Mako from Kill la Kill, and Jet from Cowboy Bebop to name a few <3!!) What are your fave characters??


12 comments:

  1. These are awesome! You did a great job rendering others' creations in your own style while leaving them recognizable.

    Also, my boyfriend loooooooves Gurran Lagann. I can't wait to watch him fanboy out over your Kamina rendition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sailor Moon is the besttt! Awesome job on these, love the theme of course :)

    <3 Megan
    http://www.garden-variety.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh loving the Sailor Moon one!! I recognize a few of the others but really need to get back into anime again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha- put like that who wouldn't want to be Sailor Moon. Really though, I love that series; reminds me of childhood (reading the manga more than the anime but still.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did your Instagram go :( I don't have one but loved looking at yours for even more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed my username to @rachelsillustration!
      Thanks for the compliment :)

      Delete
  6. Various characters from Avatar: the Last Airbender!!! Especially Appa ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I need to add one of them to my list! Maybe Azula?

      Delete
  7. AH sailor moon is my queen <3 Love the one of Greed to xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute characters! I'd love to see you paint the rest of the Sailor Scouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeep! The Sailor Moon! Draw Chibiusa! No, draw Wicked Lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete