Now I know Valentine's Day is over. But Travis and I have been dating for two years now, and our anniversary actually is on February 16th, and his birthday is the 15th. So we have a super celebration during this time of year! We were introduced by a mutual friend who went to high school with him and college with me for a semester. He lives and goes to school in Columbia, and I live upstate and go to school in Charlotte, so we don't get to see each other every day. We usually make homework and stuff a priority so that we can see each other almost every weekend! I do wish we lived closer together, though, it would make my weekdays infinitely cheerier.
1. He is really smart. He majors in history with a linguistics minor, and reads Wikipedia for fun. He also made a super high score on the SAT.
2. He's obsessed with Turkish culture. He loves foreign languages, but why he picked Turkey is a mystery to me! He took a class on it last year, and his teacher set him up with a language pal of sorts, a native Turk for him to practice with!
3. He's really good at video games. And believe me, he oughta be, he plays them so much! The first one I watched him play through was Portal, I think, but his Steam account has over 50 games on it. He is kind of a nerd.
4. He won "funniest" in his senior yearbook, and a good bit of our early relationship involved flirting through puns.
5. He won't wear hats, don't even try to make him.
6. He likes spicy food and puts cayenne pepper on most things. Whenever we make potatoes or pasta, I get my serving first and then he peppers up the rest!
7. He likes coffee better than tea and has become a bit of a coffee purist in recent months.
8. He can play any song by ear on the piano or guitar. I'm super jealous of that.
9. He is very level-headed. Once he was in a car accident and he freaked out less than I do over TV commercials.
10. He's my best friend!
And we can finish off with probably the best picture of the day.