Saturday, October 13, 2012

In Which I Ramble

These were taken on a really miserable day. I had bad dreams and it was so windy it cut right through my chunky sweater!
However, I really love this outfit because of the colors! I found the chartreuse sweater on the dollar rack, along with a magenta and lime green XXL sweater with polar bears on it. Don't get me wrong, I fully intended to buy it. But it turned out it wasn't really a dollar, someone just misplaced it, and I'm so spoiled by Goodwill that spending $5 on something feels wrong. 
Speaking of spending more than $1 on something, this is my first dress from Modcloth! It was on sale and I had a 20% off code, and I just couldn't help myself. I love the mustard color and how versatile it is. It looks good with everything I tried it on with in the thrift store.
BUT. The hemline was crooked and I had to shorten it like 3 inches to make it even! And that was really upsetting since I bought it from a real store for real money!
Can you guys tell these shoes are cheap? Just curious. Whenever I see wingtips around the blogoverse I think to myself "SHOOT mine look so cheap in comparison" since they are from Kohls and super fake. I was just wondering, can you guys tell? I won't get offended, promise!
I guess this is the first time you'll be seeing my new haircut! It's barely different, but the lady who cut it showed me how to style it nicer, and I like it! She also told me that the sky isn't the limit because there's space after the sky. Haha.
Here's my christmas light spangled room! I hang dresses on my wall because I can't open my closet doors. As you can see, they're sliding full mirrors.
dress-modcloth
plaid shirt-secondhand, from my aunt
sweater, bow pin-goodwill
tights-i dunno
shoes-kohls
bag-target

To end, I thought I'd share a practice illustration for my children's book class. I'm doing "The Wild Swans" by Andersen.




4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Rachel, seriously loving everything about this post! The color combo is amazing, I actually just saw an olive and yellow combo on A Beautiful Mess yesterday and really wanted to try it- the addition of plaid is perfection! Secondly, I can't tell you're shoes are cheap, just adorable haha. As for the illustration, it is amazing and please keep sharing more!!!
    Happy weekend!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to see you try it! I think it was a really great outfit for that particular day, because it was cold and windy and just awful. I felt like a cozy color bomb walking around!
      Thankyou!

      Delete
  2. Okay, that's just upsetting that you bought something from Modcloth and the hem wasn't even! Still, this is an adorable fall look! Love all the layers peeking out from one another.

    PS That illustration is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was such a bummer! But it's fixed now, at least!
      Thankyou thankyou!

      Delete