Here's a quick DIY for adding a strap to your shoes! It's really easy and really cuteifies them, I think!
1. First, you'll need some shoes and some matching elastic. Mine is a stretchy lace and velvet setup I found at Hobby Lobby, and the shoes are second hand suede. You'll also need some scissors and hot glue.
2. Put the shoe on, and wrap the elastic around your foot where you want the strap to be.
3. Cut it at the right length.
4. Hot glue the elastic down on the inside of your shoe.
5. Glue it on the other side, and you're done!
You can try using a stronger glue if you don't want to walk on eggshells. Forgive the pun.