Hey! Today I'm going to show you guys how to turn a dress into a two-piece playsuit!
This dress was on the short side, even for me, and didn't hit me at my waist. So I decided to give it a little renovation that would add some extra length.
All you'll need is a dress, scissors, paper, and a sewing machine.
1. First, cut the dress in half at the waist.
2. Next, hem the top half by folding the raw edge under twice. Mine was knit, so I sewed some paper to stop it from puckering.
3. Once you rip the paper off, you'll have a nice hem.
4. Now, take the skirt and hem the rough edge on it. Mine had elastic in it, so I pulled it taut to keep the puckering on it.
5. This left my skirt a little bigger than it should have been, so I pinned it to make it fit my waist.
6. Starting where you pinned, sew diagonally down to the bottom hem of the skirt.
And that's it! Ta Da, now you have a two piece outfit.
Let me know if you try it, I'd love to see your results!