Thursday, December 19, 2013

Scarfy


Once upon a time my hair was curly. Anyone remember those days? I think I bleached and dyed the waves out of it, which is pretty sad. Maybe they'll come back when I got back to my natural color, which'll happen eventually. The peachy color is looking pretty orangey, too, so I'll have to figure out how to keep it pink. You guys, I have no idea what I'm doing.




I'm really happy with this outfit and these pictures, though! Get this, though. I pulled this Henley out of a pile of clothes my sister was giving away, and she said I gave it to her when she was in the 7th (!!) grade. That's like 7 years ago! I see why I passed it off on her... it doesn't fit my boobs right and it's also super long to accommodate the era's low rise jeans. I forgive it's issues, though, since it works so well with this dress.

My sister made the scarf, and I love it! So cozy.




Travis is in Italy now, and I got called back into work at my summer internship for awhile. Not doing anything designy, just filling out spreadsheets. But hey, I'll do boring work for $10 an hour! (Stressful work, not so much.)



Dress: Dear Creatures via Piperlime
Shirt: Hella old
Scarf: Hand-knit by my sister
Shoes: Thrifted, UO
Tights: Target
Coat: Wet Seal


14 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous post! Your hair is a lovely colour, and I love your sense of style! Following, can't wait to read more!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jacket and the dress!

    Come by soon!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I really like this outfit. The muted color palette is something a bit different but still very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is perfect. I still have a thing or two in my closet from middle school! And boring work is definitely worth $10 an hour! I get paid less than that for my stressful job >.< It's lame. Cute glasses, too!

    xox

    Kalie H.
    Kalieandgimli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. honestly you were born to have that hair colour, how lovely it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heheh, the opposite happened with my hair once I let it be healthy again. Your curl will come back :) BUT I have to say that it's looking SUPER cute right now. I really love the cut and the colour on you!

    I am also glad to see someone had no idea what they're really doing with their hair, either, haha. I just make it up as I go along ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beyond chic!!! you look incredible!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been super into prim, starched looks lately. This is a perfect rendition thereof. I love your setting, too. As a Vermonter, I'm always interested to see what summer in the south looks like.

    For keeping your hair dye fresh, I recommend the following:

    1) Try not to wash more than twice a week. Condition the hell out of it, though. Leave-in conditioner is great.
    2) Wash in cold water. (I know, I know. But you'll be glad you did.)
    3) Mix a squirt of dye in with your shampoo every time you wash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hair color! I just put blue ombre in mine and I'm loving it!
    xoxo
    e
    nine-fortytwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think maybe your hair needs more moisture put back into it. I have heard stories of people bleaching their curls out before but your hair doesn't look damaged!!

    Really loving the haircolor and outfit :3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely adore the collar on that dress. And I've always wanted to dye my hair but I'm so indecisive on the color and whether or not I'm okay with bleaching it. Hopefully your curls come back but, until then, I'm loving the look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this hair color on you. It's so adorable and this dress is perfect.

    ReplyDelete