Monday, November 11, 2013

In the Studio


Taking pictures in the studio is my new thing. And I'm in this sweater labelled "The Studio" too! HOHOHO.




I found the sweater at Goodwill and was like "omg cool!" Upon later research, I learned that The Studio was a magazine we actually went over in my History of Graphic Design and Illustration class! It was published in the early 1900s and was a big part of the Art Noveau and Arts and Crafts movements. However, I think this actual sweater is more circa 1980s than 1910s.

It's starting to get cold out, and I had to change out of my heels just because my toes were getting chilly by nightfall! Most of my tights are at home, though, and it's making life hard for me.



Sweater, collared shirt: Thrifted
Pants: Gap
Shoes: Target


Also, hair talk: I know I say this all the time, but I'm thinking of going for a bob. Not only for cuteness, but for damage control. My bleached ends haven't been cut in at least 6 months, and I twirl my hair all the time. The other day in class I looked down and there were little shards of broken hair all over the table! But I really like my firey hair and I know it'll take forever to grow back out. This is essentially 3 years of growth you're looking at since my last bob.

I was also thinking of maybe going purple next.


13 comments:

  1. You are so pretty omg i love it! <3
    http://annluckindarkdays.blogspot.pt/
    Only 24h for the Sammy Dress giveaway ends! Win 15$ on clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sweater is the BEST thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whhoooaaa that sweater is NUTS! What a lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think purple hair would look great with your skin tone.

    Also YAY, you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater is cute! I am glad you got it! And the pictures are beautiful, love the studio picture taking.


    Google + / Twitter / Bloglovin / Check out BASI


    Cassandra | Backtofive
    http://backtofive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the coolest sweater!

    With the hair... maybe try a long bob or shoulder length? It could help with the damaged ends but not take as long to grow back out.... and if you didn't like it you can always cut it to a bob then?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOAH you found that sweater?! That is amazing!!! I am also in love with your green gap pants, are those from this year because I MAY need them immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are, Hannah! I got them last month!

      Rachel

      Delete
  8. What a great sweater! And pants, oh my. & hey these photos turned out great - nice backdrop!

    <3 Megan
    http://www.garden-variety.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. URGH I CAN"T BELIEVE YOU FOUND THAT SWEATER AT GOODWILL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this graphic outfit. An excellent sweater indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cool that you found that at Goodwill!!!

    ReplyDelete