Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Star Girl


I read this book in middle school called Stargirl. About a mysterious girl who was just really special and changed the main character's life. It was kindof a manic pixie dream girl situation now that I think back on it, but I really enjoyed it at the time. Then again, I basically wanted to be a manic pixie dream girl for most of my teenage years. One of the many things that has changed since then is that I define myself much less based on how boys see me nowadays. But I'm still wearing the sneakers I wore to junior prom!









I hope to get my life together and start posting more soon. It will help immensely when Travis has a job and I'm no longer paying all the rent by myself.

Top: Chelsea and Violet, Thrifted via my work
Skirt: River Island, Asos
Necklace: Handmade by me
Shoes: Converse
Tights: An Asian wholesale store in Italy


8 comments:

  1. Love your tights! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Stargirl! It's definitely got a MPDG vibe, which is why the sequel (called Love, Stargirl) is even better. It's from her perspective and seriously, it's just wonderful. I highly recommended getting that out of the library. Also your outfit is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the drape of this in the front and how the necklace and print really work together. That book is still pretty popular in schools though I've never read it. I liked some of the author's other stuff though, so should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, great outfit! i like ur necklace <3
    Flower Crepes
    tasha
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I knew of some jobs in the area! I know it's extremely hard trying to support two people on one income :/ I LOVED Stargirl when I was in 8th grade! Don't even really remember it now, though

    ReplyDelete
  6. i never read stargirl but i always wanted to! i'm obsessed with your tights btw.
    xoxo
    e

    the little diary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at sugar momma over here! :P This outfit is adorable! Your star shirt reminds me of Harry Potter, or at least something I would wear to be in a Harry Potter mood (it shall be noted: I have an affinity for HP and so therefore that comment was a very good thing). And you did a great job with that necklace, so very talented, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving everything about this outfit! That top is too pretty :D Combined with the tights/necklace & lighting these pics are seriously just so great. Awesome set!

    <3 Megan
    http://www.garden-variety.net

    ReplyDelete