Monday, September 24, 2012

Aw, Shucks.

http://fairlyyounggrandmother.blogspot.com/ was kind enough to tag me in some blog-answery-question thingy. Her blog is amazing, and I was super flattered. I don't normally do things like this, but I just thought I'd try something new!

1- When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in January or so of this year! I found out about this whole universe via tumblr, and followed several blogs for a couple months until I decided, "hey, I can do this too!"

2- What do you love to blog about and why do you like it?
I like to blog about my outfits, art, and crafts, because that's what I like to read about on other people's blogs. It's what I'm good at and I love that little bits of peoples' lives are up there for me to read. That sounds creepy, but it's not. I just find it very inspiring that people have the courage and ambition to put stuff on the internet about themselves for me to read. It's kindof unifying in a way.

3- How did you get your blog name?
When I started my art tumblr, I thought "hmm, what do I draw?" and came up with "floral prints and kissing". Since then I've named all my blogs "Floral prints and" something else. I really do like flowers.
I chose "common sense" because I'm such a spend thrift! And it just makes sense to me to buy as much as I can at cheapo stores.

4- What do you think is your best post yet?
Uhh umm uhh.
There are a couple of outfits I'm rather fond of, but my pride and joy is probably my hat wreath. I just thought I was so damn clever.

5- What is your inspiration for blogging at present?
There are a lot of bloggers on here that inspire me. I love seeing "remixes" or whatever they're called, because it motivates me to try shaking up my wardrobe in whole new ways!

6- Message for your readers.
Thanks for finding what I post worth reading!

Bloggers I would like to award:
I love a lot of blogs you guys, a whole lot. Here are a few I thought some people should know about.

http://messagesonanapkin.blogspot.com/ Marlen has the cutest outfits! I really dig the things she puts together.
http://crunchatizemecapn2010.blogspot.com/ This girl just has straight-up style. She's so classy!
http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com/ I love Hannah's blog because she's got such great variety! Also check out her shop, her vintage is awesome.
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/ Katie's blog is a major inspiration. She's got great photography!


Here are the rules once you are awarded/tagged: 

  • If you are given the Blog Bug award, you must answer the questions that follow and the title of the post should be "I Got Bitten by the Blog Bug" (Or something similar)
  • You must give the link of where you originally got this award, and you can tag as many bloggers as you want. Link their pages on the post and also inform them through comments in their blog. 
  • Optional: You must post a banner corresponding to the site that you are using to blog in your sidebar and it should link back to your post about the Blog Bug Award.

4 comments:

  1. Aww thanks Rachel about the kind words! I loved reading this and getting to know a little bit more about you! I actually answered a really similar question thing on my blog a few weeks ago, its sometimes so much easier answering a direct question than thinking about something to ramble on about haha. Totally checking out the other blogs you mentioned too!
    Hope you're having a wonderful Monday (if thats even possible..)
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, lady, you deserve it! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Aww thanks so much for rewarding me- I'm with such great company! I've been following Hannah's blog and I always love her outfits. And I started my blog around the same time you did yours, and for the same reasons! Don't you feel like your style grew because of this- I definitely got more bolder and play more in my closet. And I loved learning about your blog name- florals really are an addiction ;) (and you always have such cute thrift finds!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I did it for good reason haha!
      I really do, looking at so many diverse blogs especially helped.
      Thanks so much!

      Delete